Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev Quotes- on Yoga, Wisdom, Humanity, Success
Image: Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev
Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev is an Indian Mystic, Yogi, Entrepreneur and social reformer and an environmental activist. His Quotes range from on Spiritual topics like Karma, Dharma, God, Liberation to simple common sense.
Being Human/ Human possibility
- There is such intelligence within human body which converts food into human being, being human is not a small phenomenon, it is a tremendous possibility.
- Whether I am blissful or miserable must be determined entirely by me because this is in my hands, because the experience is coming from within, somebody can stimulate something positive or negative but essentially whatever the input what I make after it is always me.
- Everything human expereinces comes from the five senses, senses can only perceive that which is physical, physicality means that there is a defined boundary. Consciousness is a dimension beyond physical.
- If your experience of life was beyond the limitations of physicality you would just know by experience that you are connecting to everything from microbes
- Spirituality is not a change in attitude, it is just that your experience of life has transcended your physical nature, once you touch something beyond the nature you are absolutely one with everything
- When something beyond physical comes into your experience, then you are spiritual
Balance in Life
- When you have balance you have freedom, above all balance, it is so with your body, mind, energy balance.
- How effective a life you will be is essentially determined by what is the level of clarity you have and how much (mental, physical) balance you have, otherwise you will lock yourself up
- We(body) are all chemical soup, the question is whether we are a pleasant soup or not
- People are always trying to bridge their gap in clarity with confidence, the problem with confidence is that it can go wrong 50% of the times
- It is the profoundness of your perception that brings clarity into your life.
- What happens within a human being is entirely caused by him/ her within themselves , your joy and misery happen within you, pain and pleasure happen within you. The very basis of your experience is within you, if you have a choice to be blissful, stressful or miserable, shouldn't you make yourself blissful.
- There is nothing wrong in being limited, it is just suffocating that is all. You can paint the prison walls in Gold, but it doesn't matter what imprisons you, imprisonment is imprisonment
- What you accumulate is not you, your body is an accumulation (of food), your mind is an accumulation(of ideas, thoughts), what you accumulate can be yours but it can not be you.
- Your sense organs are good enough instruments for survival, once you come as a human being survival is not good enough.
- Never look up to anubody, never look down on anybody, just look at things the way they are. The moment you look upto something, you inevitably look down on others.
- Never make authority the truth in your life, but truth the authority.
- There are two ways you can take the world. You can either concur the world or you can captivate the world. If you captivate the world, the world will come with you, if you concur the world you will have to sit on top of the world and suffocate for the rest of your life
- Every being on earth is trying to become a fullfledged life.
- The nature of the mind is such that it can make projections of life in such a way that it can keep you busy forever, it takes a certain level of awareness and force for people to cross this need for this hallucination, reality is grander than any of this hallucination.
- You can not think beyond your experience.
- Human mind is the best gift we have, we have made a curse out of it. You have been given the super computer, but you have not read the user's manual, that is our problem.
- You are suffering your own intelligence, if I takeaway half your brain, most of you will all be peaceful and harmoneous, you have made the worst out of the best thing you got.
- Once there is fear of suffering your entire life becomes half strides it'll never be a full stride.
- The moment you have fear of suffering you will not do what you could do, if we do not do what we cannot do there is no problem if we do not do what we can do we're a disastrous life.
- Enhcancing perception is the main aim of Yoga.
- Sadhana is also about moving in the world with least friction. Otherwise outside situations will keep you occupied for the rest of your lives. [Triangular wheel is jazzy but circular has least friction]
- Yoga is not being practiced in the right way, but thankfully the word Yoga is at par with Coca Cola now.
- [About achieving success spiritually and otherwise] If you want flowers in the garden you don't buy plastic flowers and fix it, you have to do something which doesn't look like flowers, you have to handle the soil, you have to handle the manure, water, sunlight none of which look like flowers, none of them feel like flowers, none of them smell like flowers, but if you handle these things right , flowers will come.
- Be devoted to the process, not to the results, results are only consequences, whether it is joy or success, they are consequences, we are too devote to the consequences.
- If you say you are spiritual, "what are the things you can not do" is the first question people ask, people think spirituality is some kind of disability, no spirituality is a tremendous empowerment
- When I look at people I think they have a notion that they have a billion years of life span, they don't hear the song of the soil, that the soil is very eagerly waiting to eat you one day.
- You may think you are going everywhere, but your body is directly walking to the grave.
On Book Knowledge
- I had a normal birth, I did not fall out of book
More Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev Quotes
- Being a Guru is easy, you just need to have depth in certain aspect of life, being a teacher is difficult, you need to learn and remember so many things.
- When we are buried, we all become part of the same soil.
- When you are feeling wonderful within yourself you are wonderful to other people. It happens with all human beings, when they are happy they are wonderful people, when they are miserable they can be nasty beings.
- For every other creature there is only one issue- stomach full life settled. For human there is one problem when stomach is empty, when stomach is full- 100 problems. When stomach is empty , survival is the only problem, when it is full we realize it is not so.
- Till individual human beings work upon themselves there is really no solution, there is no such thing as global solution, it is individual emancipation which will lead to world emancipation.
- World is just a word, you and me are reality, without addressing the reality we are pumping slogans which have no connection to reality, if you and me don't fix ourselves, then fixing the world is just a slogan.